Every Year, the CIPS Middle East Awards recognizes companies and individuals who excel in procurement and supply chain processes. A ceremony is held in May to present the awards in 11 categories, with an overall winner. In 2015, the CIPS Middle East Awards were held at the InterContinental Abu Dhabi. It was an awards dinner and new categories included “Best Supplier Development” and “International Procurement Project of the Year.”
This article is for Premium Members only. Please login below to read the rest of this article.
Not a Premium Member yet? Become one today.
[show_to accesslevel=’Premium Members’]
The 2015 CIPS Middle East Awards named Etihad Airways as the overall winner, as well as the top candidate in three categories: “Best People Development Initiative,” “International Procurement Project of the Year,” and “Most Improved Purchasing Operation — Step Change.” Additionally, Etihad Airways was recognized for establishing a joint procurement taskforce with seven partners throughout the world. The partners include Air Serbia, Alitalia, Air Berlin, Aer Lingus, Air Seychelles, Jet Airways, and Virgin Australia.
The CIPS Middle East Awards judges said, “Etihad is leading an excellent joint procurement program with its equity alliance partners and has already delivered significant results with more to come.” Sergey Dovgalenko, one of Etihad’s global procurement equity partners, said, “The efficiencies are not only monetary savings, bug huge manpower and process gains. When instead of individual tenders for one of few locations, a group of airlines covers regions with coordinated effort.”
Other Winners at the CIPS Middle East Awards include:
- TNT Express UAE for “Best Contribution to Corporate Responsibility”
- Jumeirah International LLC for “Best Cross Functional Teamwork”
- Dragon Oil for “Best Supplier Development Initiative”
- First Gulf Bank for “Most Improved Procurement Operations — Start Up”
- Dubai Municipality for “Most Improved Procurement Operations — Step Change”
- Transguard Group LLC for “Best Supplier Relationship Management”
- Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai for “Procurement Team of the Year”
- Mohammed Zakir from the Petroleum Institute for “CIPS Middle East Young Procurement and Supply Chain Management Professional of the Year”
- Hariharan Laxminarayan from Emirates Global Aluminium Company for “CIPS Middle East Procurement and Supply Chain Management Professional of the Year”